20 Facts about Burgers
Burgers have become our treasured comfort food, all across the globe over the last few decades. After America, a burger is an ideal meal and a typically snacks for most of us, during our weekends. Burger is easy to eat, while you are eve on the go, readily available while the choices of options are indeed in abundance. Let us learn a few surprising fact about that favorite burger we love!
Disclaimer: This might just make you grab a big boy burger, as soon as you finish reading!!!
- The word burger has been extracted out of the complete American name, Hamburger. The hamburgers were bigger in size and is considered to be America’s favorite go-to meal, almost every day.
- The hamburger acclaimed its much essential popularity in the year 1904, while it was presented at the St. Louis’s world fair.s
- America has been known for its obesity! Well know you have the hamburger to pout the balm e on, there is a count of about 50 million burgers being a consumer, every single year! Now that’s a whopping fact, now!
- You will fund a hamburger Hall of Fame in Wisconsin’s Seymour.
- Back in the year 1982, there was giant hamburger made. The burger weighed a whopping 3591 pounds and was fed to more than a 10,000 people. This indeed stands out to be the largest burger or food item made for that matter.
- Hamburgers are considered to consume more than 71 percent of the total beef production done, back in the US.
- Funny fact: if we but the number of burgers, the American seat in a year, this circle would be big enough to rotate over the earth for a good 32 times.
- After the burgers acclaimed their much-desired popularity towards becoming a staple food of America. Many stepped forward to associate with its invention. But facts state that the hamburgers, as they were popularly known then was invented in New Haven, Connecticut, back in the 1900s.
- The first lot of hamburgers was sold back in the year 1921, at a food joint for mere 5 cents!
- More than a 60 percent of the burgers produced and made are sold all around the world, each making it a very popular food choice for many throughout the globe.
- McDonald’s is considered to be the king of burgers. It is hence proven by its selling capacity indeed. It manages to sell about 300 billion burgers so far. So is calculation plays a part, it would take more than 75 burgers to sell each second.
- One of the most expensive burgers sold till date was tagged USD 5,000!
- It shall be worthy to note and surprising at the same time to note that the bread used to make the burger buns is very very unhealthy! It is laden with harmful chemicals, hazardous explosives that are not at all edible.
- During the World War I, the US army called burgers, as their liberty sandwiches.
- Each burger that is clicked for ads and commercial spread looks typically fresh and juicy, with all the veggies nicely layered. Basically, it is uncooked and simply arranged for pictorial representation.
- French fries, fried potatoes or onion rings are the perfect combinations that is served and savored with burgers in most parts o the world.
- Cheese indeed remains to be another imperative aspect of eating burgers. Hence cheddar cheese is the chosen one for most.
- Burgers carry a lot of importance in America; its commercials are taken much more seriously than anything else for that matter. In fact groups like PETA pay a whopping amount to burger companies to shoot for them like a statement to go vegan etc.
- There is a regular drop seen in the burger consumption all across the globe. This might not be a great piece of news for owners who run such chains, but on the whole, it’s a step taken towards preventing and correcting obesity.
- That innocent looking double burger has a lot of naughtiness in it. It contains around 900 calories in it, which is certainly a huge amount. You would need to jog for about 14 km in order to burn that single wonder inside you!